Fall Reduction Program
For 2007, JCAHO's National Patient Safety Goals address reducing the risk of injury resulting from falls.
This means that as a Joint Commission accredited health care organization you are expected to implement a fall reduction program to not only limit the number of falls but also to minimize injury resulting from falls. Some key components of an effective fall reduction program are:
- Fall Assessment for each patient/resident
- Facility Wide Environmental Assessment
- Guidelines / Education for patient & family
- Review of patient medications
- Customized patient care plan
- Post-Fall Assessments
After implementing your facility wide program you must be able to measure the effectiveness of that program.
Posey can help your facility develop and implement an effective fall reduction program that meets the Joint Commission 2007 National Patient Safety Goals!
As the recognized experts if Fall Management, Posey is your source for programs, products, education and training to help your facility comply with your National Patient Safety Goals. Our comprehensive Fall Management program includes restraint-free tools to:
- Identify your high fall risk patients
- Alert caregivers of a potential fall
- Hip protectors and floor cushions to reduce the risk of fall-related injuries
- Patient Safety tools to reduce the hazards within the healthcare environment
Face your next JCAHO survey with confidence. Call us to schedule an appointment for a free facility risk assessment at 1.800.44.POSEY (U.S. only).