U.S. Patents 7,047,991 and 7,383,849
RECOMMENDED USE: Patients at extreme risk of a serious injury from a fall, or unassisted bed exit.
- Does not include hospital bed. IV Post Mount Brackets firmly attach the canopy to compatible hospital bed frames.**
- Enclosed Patented Mattress Compartment helps reduce the risk of patient entrapment and is expandable to accommodate 10-inch (25.4 cm) air mattress types.
- Water-repellent, skin friendly, and durable nylon canopy.
- Foam padded A-Frame holds the nylon canopy in place.
- Four access panels for patient care from all four sides.
- Quick-Release Buckles lock the zipper pull-tabs for added patient security.
- Ten Access Ports: eight tube ports and two drainage ports.
Posey Bed 8040/8060 and Hospital Bed Compatibility Guideline:
Depending on the features of the bed, operational limits must also be observed when a Posey Bed canopy is in use as described in the User Manual. For example, the head of bed angle can only be raised to ≤ 70°.
- Length of bed frame must be ≤ 96” and does not retract < 76”
- Width of bed frame must be ≤ 36”
- The height of the bed platform (deck of the bed) from the floor must be able to adjust between:
- For Posey Bed 8040 –13 and 22 inches
- For Posey Bed 8060 –16 and 25 inches